Photoshop Introduction

    

    I'm mostly self-taught on Photoshop, just sort of muddling my way through it myself with a lot of trial and error. I'm looking forward to properly learning about it. 


    This was a very comprehensive rundown of the basics of Photoshop. I'm sort of familiar with most of these tools just by sheer virtue of messing around with them, but it was really helpful to sit and watch him run through them all correctly, even if I felt a little bored at times once I caught on to what he was doing. It was super helpful for me to hear him go through all the layering tools--I kind of struggle with those right now because I had to try to figure out what they did without really looking it up. So now that I know a little more about it I'm a little less daunted. 


    This video focuses specifically on blending images and changing backgrounds, which is one of the things I'm most interested in learning about. I've attempted it in the past and it has not gone well for me, so watching this run through was helpful. The marquee tool looks really cool, even though I'm still not 100% sure on what it does. I've used the quick selection tool in the past and it's honestly one of my favorites just because it makes everything so much easier. 


    I love this double exposure effect in photos, so it was cool to see how to create it in Photoshop. The video was kind of hard to follow just because there's no voiceover, but it's quick and pretty concise. I liked that it focused more on key commands rather than hunting down the tools. 

Comments

Popular Posts