Magazine Callout


 I had a lot of fun with this magazine layout! I like InDesign so far - it's super useful and not too difficult to use. I started this project by using the rectangular frame tool to frame out where I wanted my text and images to be placed, then I went in and copy-pasted the text from the text file before starting on the images. They were a little bit trickier to size within the frame and I definitely spent the second most amount of time fiddling with the sizing and arrangement before I was perfectly happy. The little callout boxes drove me insane. I fought with them a lot, trying to get the text to wrap right or to get the effect I wanted. I'm still not 100% thrilled with them but I'm satisfied, so they'll do. 

Overall, this took me about 5 hours split over two days. 

Comments

Popular Posts