Tag Brush (Resubmission)


 This is my second version of the tag brush. With the first, I struggled a little bit with the directions and generally layering and layer masking. Now that I know more about the layers, I'm more confident with how this came out. I changed which version of the spray image I used; I found that I liked the effect of this one better than the first. I purposely kept the white area around the logo a little jagged or wavy so it would appear as though I cut it out by hand or that my hand was shaking when I sprayed it over. I played around with the lightness and opacity of the scratches and the spray until I found an effect I liked: a little distressed, but not overly messy or chaotic. I turned the "negative" file completely on its side so the lines would sort of follow the motion of the wave and imply the motion there. 


This is the colorized version! I really like the blue, which is why I kept it the largest. In my last version of the tag brush, I played around with layering but I didn't really like the effect. 

I've included my first attempts at the tag brush project below. 




Comments

Popular Posts